Technical Product Manager
🙏 If you apply to this job, please mention you found it here on PM Jobs. It helps us out a ton, thanks!
Job Posted: 2023-11-20
💼 Full Time
👀 Medium (51-250)
Changing Healthcare For Good
At Angle Health, we believe the healthcare system should be accessible, transparent, and easy to navigate. As a digital-first, data-driven health plan, we are replacing legacy systems with modern infrastructure to deliver our members the care they need when they need it. If you want to build the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Technical Product Manager on the Strategy team at Angle Health, you will be part of an elite team of problem solvers tackling some of the hardest operational challenges across the business. You will be responsible for synthesizing ambiguous problem statements into a well-defined understanding of what the business need is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and what the impact will be.
You will work directly with operational stakeholders to quickly understand business workflows, and design and implement both technical and non-technical solutions to achieve the intended business outcomes. This may involve optimizing or replacing existing processes, developing critical workflows from scratch that don't currently exist, building robust data pipelines and infrastructure. Your projects will often start with open-ended questions like "Why are so many members having the same issue?" or "How can we improve our time to process claims?" and involve developing a deep understanding of the underlying business function or process.
Your role as a Technical Product Manager will look similar to those of a startup CTO—you'll work in small, highly autonomous teams of other TPMs, data scientists, and/or software engineers, and own the end-to-end execution of high-stakes projects. You will be responsible for enabling the outcomes of mission critical functions across the business, from business development to customer operations to finance and accounting to legal, regulatory, and compliance, and beyond. Every day will be a new learning experience in this role and may span discussing architecture with fellow engineers, wrangling large-scale data, coding a custom web app, or speaking with customers and executives.
This role is ideal for aspiring entrepreneurs, business-minded engineers, and creative, intellectually curious thinkers that want to solve high-value problems in healthcare.
What We Value
- A deep understanding of data is required for this role. Successful candidates generally have a technical engineering background paired with a few years of work experience in fields such as software engineering, data science, finance, or consulting.
- A highly analytical mindset and an eagerness to build technical solutions to complex business problems
- High attention to detail and intellectual curiosity—you're not satisfied with surface-level answers. You want to dive into the data, the "how," and the "why" because "the way it's always been done" is not always the way it should be done
- Low ego—the outcome matters more than who gets the credit
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Because We Value You:
• Competitive compensation and stock options
• 100% company-paid comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance for you and your dependents
• Supplemental Life, AD&D and Short-Term Disability coverage options
• Discretionary time off
• Opportunity for rapid career progression
• Relocation assistance (if relocation is required)
• 3 months of paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy (after 10 months of employment)
• Work-from-home stipend for remote employees
• Company provided lunch for in-office employees
• 401(k) account
• Other benefits are coming soon!
Backed by a team of world class investors, we are a healthcare startup on a mission to make our health system more effective, accessible, and affordable to everyone. From running large hospitals and health plans to serving on federal healthcare advisory boards to solving the world's hardest problems at Palantir, our team has done it all. As part of this core group at Angle Health, you will have the right balance of support and autonomy to grow both personally and professionally and the opportunity to own large parts of the business and scale with the company.
Angle Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Angle Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.