📈 SIGN UP for our newsletter to receive curated jobs and valuable resources to advance your product career, directly in your inbox every week.
Product Manager - Payments
California, United States, Alabama
👩💻 Product Management
🙏 If you apply to this job, please mention you found it here on PM Jobs. It helps us out a ton, thanks!
Job Posted: 2023-11-20
💼 Full Time
🔥 Large (1000+)
At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
The Payments Product Manager role will work with the payments engineering team to create & execute on a user centric & value driven payments roadmap
Product Manager - Payments
At Shipt, we are transforming the shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door. As we continue to transform the delivery space and our multi-sided marketplace, we are expanding our digital product delivery teams to drive growth through our marketing experiences.
Our Payments experiences are critical to a smooth and frictionless customer experience and thus are a huge priority for customer satisfaction, convenience, & confidence in our brand. Optimizing these experiences to increase customer conversion is critical to Shipt’s habituation & growth strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead optimization of our Payments experiences in our lower shopping funnel. You will be responsible for working with Engineering, Finance, Data Science, Design, Marketing, and our third party Payments partners to develop a roadmap for solving problems like:
- Frictionless Checkout - How might we optimize our payments/checkout flow to increase our payment success & checkout conversion metrics?
- Convenient & Flexible Payments - How do we best optimize our payments options to maximize customer convenience & flexibility? Which are the most valuable payments third parties to partner with to provide customers with the best set of options?
- Payments Fraud Reduction - How do we ensure we increase payments convenience & flexibility, but still put appropriate fraud reduction guardrails in place?
- Optimizing Charges/Fees - How do we ensure we reduce the fees Shipt pays for transactions as well as create an appropriate & satisfying experience for customers when they are charged?
- Refunds/Credits - How do we create an optimal system for customers to get credits or refunds when Shipt is unable to fulfill our commitment to the customer?
- Effectively prioritize and execute against your backlog
- Develop cross-team product roadmaps, and educate both internal and external (as applicable) stakeholders to drive implementation, measurement, and optimization
- Prove product and strategic initiative efficacy with sound measurement practices to evaluate success of features & drive business results
- Partner with Product, UX, Engineering, Data Science and business partners to formulate features, identify dependencies, influence decision making, and drive prioritization
- 3+ years of product management experience working in an agile approach with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on experience articulating requirements/stories & acceptance criteria, participating in agile ceremonies, delivering & measuring/hindsighting features
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Experience with Payments systems/customer experience
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Shipt considers candidates located near a Shipt office or workspace in Birmingham, San Francisco, or Minneapolis to be hybrid, which means that they have the flexibility to work from home (with leader approval) or at a Shipt office in order to facilitate the ability to innovate, collaborate, and spark team connections. In-office expectations will vary by role and leader. Certain roles may require in-office presence on a full-time basis. Please work with your recruiter to learn more about the classification of this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection if you need any accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Metro Areas of Boston, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and New York City pay range: