📈 SIGN UP for our newsletter to receive curated jobs and valuable resources to advance your product career, directly in your inbox every week.
Product Manager, Marketplace Org
$149,000/yr - $165,500/yr · Full-time
San Francisco (Remote Friendly)
👩💻 Product Management
🙏 If you apply to this job, please mention you found it here on PM Jobs. It helps us out a ton, thanks!
Job Posted: 2024-02-12
💼 Full Time
🔥 Large (1000+)
About The Team
The Uber Marketplace is designed to move riders & drivers efficiently from where they are to where they want to go. Every dollar that is transacted in the Uber Marketplace (driver forecasting, dynamic pricing fares, matching driver/rider pricing, and overall marketplace
health) is informed and influenced by data - and our Product team decides the algorithms that enable millions of earners and consumers to ride, deliver, eat, and move daily.
Uber operates an Open Marketplace - it's open to everybody who wants to make a living. Y ou can drive whenever you want, wherever you want, and however you want. We offer broad access to work, and we expand mobility for riders. The freedom and flexibility that
this affords is hard to understand, until you actually try it. We understand that connecting people to places and opportunities has real-world consequences, and that's a big responsibility. Our principled approach to marketplace design helps us live up to that responsibility.
About The Role
As a Product Manager (also hiring Senior Product Manager), you will be responsible for strategy and development of technology that connect customers and earners in the most fabulous and efficient way possible. You will leverage optimization, artificial intelligence and innovative design thinking collaborating cross functionally to improve experience for earners and customers while improving topline/bottom line for the largest gig-economy company in the world!
What You'll Do
- Define the roadmap and lead execution of products that impact drivers, couriers, riders and eaters across mobility and delivery marketplaces.
- Work closely with pricing, driver, rider, legal and operations teams to deliver scalable delightful experiences that drive marketplace efficiency.
- Execute rapidly while maintaining a North Star aligned with Uber's mission and strategies.
- Balance trade offs nimbly across experience, top/bottom line, regulatory risk and platformization.
- Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals. Requires collaborating with and challenging all members of cross functional teams (e.g. design, engineering, data science, legal, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and channel that energy into concrete and rapid execution.
- Maintain, monitor and measure the performance of launched products and funnel takeaways back into product development and innovation.
- Communicate product opportunities, challenges, plans, benefits and results to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivelant.
- 4 years experience delivering successful and innovative products while c rafting coherent product visions, multi-year strategies, and roadmaps that your team and the business rallies behind.
- Strong customer emotional intelligence, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap.
- Ability to effectively engage ML engineers and/or data scientists while setting a bold technical vision. We want to see an understanding of the technology and its capabilities/limitations as well as ddressing business problems with ML learnings and getting capabilities into production.
- Proven track record to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level. This will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning with an academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering.