Senior Product Manager, Payments (Internationalization)
$151,000/yr - $230,000/yr · Full-time
🙏 If you apply to this job, please mention you found it here on PM Jobs. It helps us out a ton, thanks!
Job Posted: 2024-02-12
💼 Full Time
🔥 Large (1000+)
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Payments team at Upwork leads over $3 billion in pay-ins and payouts per year in 180 countries. Upwork is looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Product Manager to craft, shape, and drive product capabilities for our Payments platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. They will work closely with cross functional partners, other product and engineering leads, and lead a team of product managers to identify and build Payments capabilities.
- Demonstrate a relentless focus to listen to our end-users and feed their voice into our product development process. Leverage design and research partnerships to get insights and feedback throughout the entire product lifecycle. Build processes for continuous improvements
- Partner closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Customer Experience leaders to build an intuitive customer experience that enables both self-service and access to human assistance. Identify customer problems and collaborate to build innovative solutions that use the best combination of product and programs
- Define product requirements for Payments Platform, working closely with functional partners and engineering leads. Set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Translate marketplace requirements into generic payments platform capabilities that are extensible to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into concrete improvements for the platform
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong customer focused product management experience with at least four years in payments, eCommerce and/or marketplace platform projects
- Experience with global payment products, multi-language support, multiple currencies, and working with global regulations
- Passion for improving experiences for our customers, influencing a higher bar on quality and ensuring the customer is always at the center of our product roadmap and priorities. Experience working with design research and qualitative tools to ensure the voice of our customer is at the center of our product development
- Technical depth and proven experience with building engaging, customer-focused end-to-end UX experiences; designing elegant solutions to complex problems that require integrations with multiple platforms, domains and services; and driving analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and metrics to derive opportunities, gaps, and solutions
- Drive and willingness to go above and beyond with a strong work ethic
- Balances technical and commercial savvy; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Strong, concise communicator and effective story-teller; experience using both analytics and qualitative research to express the vision and strategy of the product
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $151,000.00 - $230,000.00. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.